I doubt that the name is the crucial issue. I would see that have a
substantial group of initial committers who are active in setting up there
project would be the crucial step. That doesn't have to happen before
incubation.

As a thought experiment, if Greg could go on a disconnected vacation right
now without messing up the move to Apache, I would have no worries. That is
almost certainly not true, but it can serve to illuminate the factors that
make it not true. Is the decision-making centralized? Are there problematic
thoughts about retaining a high bar to committee status? Do community
members automatically defer to Greg rather than move forward on decisions?
Are non-coders excluded from committer status?

I don't know the answers to these questions, but I have a very strong
expectation that this will be harder to address than expected so it is
really good that this has already been identified and there are some
actions in progress. The only thing I can really add is that the community
members probably don't yet know how big a deal this will be and the Apache
folks probably assume more cultural transfer than has actually happened.