Hi,

My concern is that while it claims it is under the Apache license that is only
for non-commercial use. Having a restriction like that means it’s not really
under the Apache license.

It states on that page [1]
"Our open source license is OSI-certified and permits use of Berkeley DB in
open source projects or in applications that are not distributed to third
parties.”
"Our commercial license permits closed-source distribution of an application to
third parties and provides business assurance"

ASF releases need to be distributed to third parties, ASF releases can’t have
non-commercial restrictions.

IMO It would be best if the project replaced this dependancy with something
else.

Thanks,
Justin

1.