Thanks for that advice, Craig.

I have gone ahead and created
https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/arrow-rust-ballista.html in
preparation for the vote and I have a couple more questions now:

1. The trademark search did find other software products using the name
Ballista as a registered trademark. What are the implications of this? Will
I need to remove use of that name from the PR before proceeding to a vote?

2. What do I do about the checklist item "Check that all active committers
have a signed CLA on record"? Do I go ahead and put a date against it and
add additional text stating that not all contributors have submitted a CLA?

Thanks,

Andy.