Hi Ash / Justin,
This is indeed a very delicate issue. From my experience in several M&A/DD
processes, LGPL license is very tricky and the approach suggested by Ash is
the approach I'm familiar with. Both in Java & Python LGPL is very common
and taking a stricter approach might result in a ripple effect - as LGPL
like GPL is contagious.

As a short term solution we will do as Justin suggested and add the
disclaimer.

Kind regards,
Lior