On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 2:51 PM Kent Yao <y...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm not sure who is not active.
> Is the conclusion based on git commits or LOC, some of them may be not that
> 'active'?

Which PPMC are active and which PPMC are not active, you should know
it better than I do.

A quick look at the commits and dev or private mailing lists.
How many emails does Hongxiang Jiang have?

Put on the IPMC hat, I'm just worried that the withdrawal of NetEase
will stop the development of the project, we have such an example.
And I  just request you list PPMC affiliations. I don't understand
it's so difficult.
[1]https://lists.apache.org/list?d...@kyuubi.apache.org:lte=1M:Hongxiang

> Decisions making mostly happens in the kyuubi@dev and we have received serval
> Kyuubi Project Improvement Proposals (KPIP)[1]  archived in Github
> Discussion, which are major
> changes to the project. These KPIPs are from different people and
> organizations and none
> get merged or rejected depending on the will of an individual, or an
> organization.
>

> You can also check the latest event[2] of the kyuubi community, the
> producer(from bilibili),
>  the sponsor(DatafunTalk), and 5/6 of the speakers are not from or related to
> NetEase.
> Actually, I was the last person to know about it and get involved in
> organizing it. So, I invited ZhaoMin from NetEase as a speaker to talk about
> his interesting work for Kyuubi on Apache
> Doris, and he accepted. Or the event is 0% NetEase ingredients, I guess.
>
> Hope these examples could properly prove the efforts of other
> organizations/individuals
>
> BR,
> Kent
>

> [1]
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-kyuubi/discussions/categories/ideas?discussions_q=category%3AIdeas+KPIP
> [2] https://my.oschina.net/u/4565392/blog/5581650
>
> On 2022/11/11 04:45:11 Calvin Kirs wrote:
> > I looked at some PPMCs and it seems that some are no longer active.
> > If the active PPMC is basically from NetEase, then I worry that the
> > continued development of the project still depends on NetEase's
> > decision, we have some such examples.
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 10:16 AM Kent Yao <y...@apache.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey Calvin,
> > >
> > > We add three new PPMCs during incubation, and they are all not
> > > NetEase-ers.
> > > And we also add eight other committers who are still actively
> > > contributing to
> > > code and community, and there are only one of them from NetEase. The
> > > current
> > > PPMC still seeks opportunities to invite them and other active
> > > contributors
> > > and expand itself based on community-level contributions.

> > > I'm not sure whether it is good to do detail a ratio number by
> > > organization.
> > > The current Kyuubi PPMC develops the community based on individual
> > > contributions. I will update the discussion if you think this is good and
> > > necessary.
> > >
> > > Bests,
> > > Kent

> > --