Thanks all for the interest.

Paimon is already a sub-project of Apache Flink [1], and yes we intend to
graduate as its own Top Level Project after incubating.

And yes, similar question was raised during discussion in the Flink
community [2], and  please allow me to quote some content below for easier
reference:
===============
Apache has the tradition to incubate projects out of mature
sub-projects of top-level
projects, for example Apache HBase [3] and Apache Ozone [4] are both born
as sub-projects of Apache Hadoop. Although HBase and Ozone both become
top-level projects directly, they were also developed for more than 3 years
as sub-projects, and we wonder whether table store is as mature to be a
top-level project. On the other hand, we believe the table store project is
qualified to enter the Apache incubation as an innovative lake storage, and
has the potential to graduate in a year or two.
===============

However, it's true that we are not quite sure whether the project is
qualified to directly become another TLP, thus we took a conservative
approach. Please feel free to let us know if you have any suggestions.
Thanks.

Best Regards,
Yu

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/h3hkvt3nq9gfblt3k0w2pr6xrg54pqxt