Hi everyone,

I’m working on Apache Tiles porting to Jakarta EE (without support of
freemarker and velocity, since both of them are still going with javax API) and
my work is going to reach it’s end – all builds are successful, jdk17 baseline
and updated dependencies (as far as I know) – but still uncommited to my
personal github account.

I know Tiles is in Attic land of Apache but I’d which to make this first step
(Jakarta migration) go to open-source world, without creating new projects out
of the box.
Tiles is a framework I use on a project, with Spring and since Spring 6 has
migrated to Jakarta API, I’m stuck to Spring 5.X if I stay on this. Changing
technology is an option for frontend application but not until a good rework
that may take months (or years, depending on time we have to do that migration).
Having a Tiles Jakarta port would be great since the technology itself is
working well on my project.

Do you know what can I do to make this properly, according to Apache work ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.
L. SCHOELENS