Hi Laurent,
I don't want to write off the possibility of a Jakarta variant of
Tiles joining the Apache Incubator - but the fact that Apache Tiles
doesn't have an active community around it is going to be a major
impediment. For Apache projects and podlings to succeed, they need a
number of contributors to get involved.
Could you start by putting your code up on Github or somewhere similar
and adding documentation that highlights that you are looking for
collaborators? Maybe there are some forums where some remaining users
of Tiles can be contacted?

There is no impediment to you simply releasing your Jakarta variant of
Tiles yourself or via some organisation that you are involved with
(e.g. a company that you work with). If you go this route, the ASF
would look like to see that you remove all the ASF branding and
ideally, change the package names.

If you want to avoid having to do all the branding changes and see the
new project join/rejoin the ASF, then I think that you'll need to come
back to us with more collaborators and probably some indication that
they are bought into keeping the project going over the foreseeable
future.

Regards,
PJ