In regard to assets, I see no particular reason to treat retired podlings
differently from graduated podlings. Keep the foo.apache.org
<http://foo.apache.org/> hostname; retain the repository (read-only); keep the
website (tagged with a notice ’This podling has retired. It may be contacted at
…’.)

It is certainly useful for people to be able to access the podling’s source
code as of the day it retired.

If there are other considerations (cost, security, legal) then we could
reconsider.

Julian