Hi,
Can read stuff here, this answers the same question that you asked :-)
https://incubator.apache.org/cookbook/#does_our_project_fit_the_apache_incubator

There are several other relevant details that can help you in the same doc

There is some more details here, if you plan to explore further:
https://incubator.apache.org/faq.html

Good Luck!!!

-Ayush