Hello

In general with all such things ASF and licensing a great place to start
for information is here [1].  It lays out the different categories and how
ASF Legal has designated a given license.

The way to really consider this largely comes down to whether you package
that binary in a release you make available.  Based on the POM this implies
to me the JAR is only pulled by someone taking the source release and then
building it.  So in terms of the official apache source release you'd do as
part of KIE you're fine since this is not in the source.  Then you consider
your convenience binary build if you have one.  If this is only with tests
then it is clearly optional provided it doesn't end up in the actual build
results of the project.

In your source release anything in Category A is fair game.  Things in
Category B are not.  Things in Category X never are.

In your convenience binary release (if you have one) anything in Category A
is fair game.  Anything in Category B can be fair game as well.  Anything
in Category X is generally a no unless is an optional package and you
generally want to ensure the user is grabbing that dependency and bringing
it to the resulting build as you cannot ship it.

Biggest advice here is to become really familiar with these categories and
which licenses are there.  I do not see the Oracle Free License listed so
I'd handle that as Category X until reviewed.

[1] https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html

Thanks