Hi,

I would like to propose a new project to the ASF incubator - Apache Amoro. I’m
one of the mentors, but there are a lot of other people involved who have done
all of the hard work.

Amoro is a Lakehouse management system built on open data lake formats like
Apache Iceberg and Apache Paimon (Incubating). Working with compute engines
including Apache Flink, Apache Spark, and Trino, Amoro brings pluggable and
self-managed features for Lakehouse to provide out-of-the-box data warehouse
experience, and helps data platforms or products easily build infra-decoupled,
stream-and-batch-fused and lake-native architecture. You can find the proposal
here. [1]

We are looking forward to anyone's feedback or questions.

Thanks,
Justin

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/AmoroProposal