Craig Russell wrote on 3/21/24 12:20 AM:
...snip...
We really can do better, but we have to have better documentation.

Some folks have started working on improving the actual emails or links we use for onboarding at various steps of the process. So if we're updating this step, folks might want to look at some of the other steps too, which are listed here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COMDEV/Proposal%3A+Improving+Onboarding+Experiences

A separate question for committer invitation process is: each PMC/PPMC is responsible for some of the steps themselves. How can we make simple/easy enough tools so that the experience for a new committer on any project or podling is at least similar? It's pretty clear some projects have different ways of doing the welcoming process, some better, some not as good.

--
- Shane
  Member