contributing to the community, gradually becoming a committer.

---- Replied Message ----
| From | shanwenbang<shanwenb...@sina.cn> |
| Date | 07/10/2024 09:14 |
| To | general <general@incubator.apache.org> |
| Subject | Re: [VOTE] Accept OzHera into the ASF incubator |
Justin, thank you for your questions. We recognize the importance of the issues
you raised and will work hard to build a diverse community and attract more
external contributors.

----- 原始邮件 -----
发件人:Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
收件人:Incubator General <general@incubator.apache.org>
主题:Re: [VOTE] Accept OzHera into the ASF incubator
日期:2024年07月03日 12点21分

HI,
> Are there any remaining inaccuracies in the proposal?
Yes I believe there are:
"Outstanding contributors are the cornerstone of this project, and they include
not only developers from Xiaomi and other companies but also individual
developers who are encouraged to contribute. In this project, exceptional
contributors are recognized and rewarded, fostering a collaborative and
inclusive environment where decisions and project development are driven by
capabilities and contributions.”
Can anyone point to any outstanding or exceptional contributors, not from
Xiaomi?
If you look at the composition of the initial committers, some other claims
made also seem exaggerated.
> Is it possible that we can try to build the community while OzHera is part of
> the
> Incubator? If the team can't attract outside committers then they will
> find it hard to graduate as a TLP.
In general, there are two things we require for an external project to become
an incubating one:
- have a code base to donate
- have a (small) community
Growing a community from nothing while in the Incubator is very difficult,
especially if the project has yet to be able to develop a community while being
an open-source project. While I wish the project the best, it may still be too
early to join the incubator, which in turn may harm its graduation chances.
That being said, my -1 is not a veto, and if enough other IPMC members feel it
should join the incubator, then that is fine with me.
Kind Regards.
Justin