At 05:33  1/2/01 -0800, Jon Stevens wrote:
>With regards to that directly, EJB's are also just one single technology
>within J2EE. In fact, Turbine tries very hard to follow a core J2EE
>technology that I believe strongly in...Servlets.

Actually you follow a lot of the patterns of J2EE aswell - you just do it
differently. Their services directory via JNDI is equivelent to your
singleton setup, you use log4j/other for logging while they will use that
godforsaken sucky logging JSR, you use X they use Y ... ;)

In the long run it would be kewl to allow dual access so that J2EE devs
could use turbine in a similar manner to most other newer web/enterprise
apps. Of course a lot of the J2EE design decisions suck and you would have
to live with them if you went that path ;)

Cheers,

Pete