Costin Manolache wrote:

> What's wrong with having multiple thread pools or db pools, each
> having special characteristics and working best in different
> situations ?

Different, plug compatible, db pools would be great.

Having each project early bind to a specific one is not.

If I wanted to run JetSpeed and Coocoon today on the same web server, I
would have to statically apportion my database connections between the two.
Add Struts into the mix and I must further subdivide.

Overall, I'm not overly concerned if we have multiple XML mappers.
Arguably it would be better if we didn't, but on the other hand a little
duplication sometimes removes the requirement for a lot of coordination.
In other words, if this is an itch that somebody wants to scratch, I would
encourage them to do so, but if not, I wouldn't want to mandate it from
above.

- Sam Ruby