>> Not at all, I'm saying the direction of the Java language (note my
sentance
>> did not contain the word 'Jakarta') is lead by Sun, which I do not
believe
>> to be in error.
>> - jc
>
>It wasn't a question of error.
>
>It was simply a question to see if that was your impression at all.
>
>:-)

Actually to be honest I'm very impressed w/ the Jakarta community so far,
what very little I know of it. It's highly structured, a very odd thing for
a (mostly?) volunteer open-source project. My mention of Sun was more to
the effect of:

'Sun, being a corporation rightly out to make a buck will never expend
effort to organize the (free) resources of the Java community a la CPAN.
Jakarta, however, being one of the most organized Java groups I've yet to
find, might have the ability to do so as they are driven chiefly by the
needs of the community and not  by profit.'

- jc