> Remy Maucherat wrote:
> >
> > I'm a bit disappointed by that list, which doesn't include Costin.
>
> Before questioning the people that came up with this list, perhaps first
> you should ask Costin if this is an opportunity he would be interested in.

And my answer would be no, I am not.

But I am also disappointed with the way this list was created, and that
gives me one more reason not to be on the list or the PMC !

( I think most of the proposed names are great, but that doesn't mean the
process is right ! ).

> > IMHO, the best election process would be to let the committers
> > submit a ballot containing the list of committers they want to
> > have in the PMC. Then, just choose the 10 - 15 committers who
> > got the most votes.
>
> That suggestion has some merit.  However, I am concerned that the resulting
> list would end up with a number of people interested in some of the larger
> subprojects and not many people interested in some of the smaller ones.

> Getting coverage over the entire code base was the primary motivation for
> this round of elections.

And again, I agree with you. Tomcat is a reasonable stable and mature
project, with enough commiters - I don't think it needs too much PMC
attention. Smaller projects need that - and people who are involved in
cross-project would help much more.

But that doesn't change the fact that jakarta commiters should make the
proposals and vote. Neither the fact that this should have been discussed
on the general list before.

Yes - it would have been controversial and probably it would have taken a
long time to get an agreement.

( sorry, I'm not sure about this whole "have been" thing, it's not a
simple past tense :-).

> > To voice my disapproval with the current process, I won't participate
> > in the current ballot.

+1 ( doesn't matter anyway - in the current rules only PMC members can
vote to add new PMC members anyway ).

Costin