Hi Craig,

At 11:25 12.04.2001 -0700, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
>Whether or not there is a nice, easy, "all in one" download with
>everything you need has absolutely nothing to do with whether binaries are
>checked into CVS.

True. There is an important distinction indeed. Call it conventional thinking on my
part.

Nevertheless, it is quite natural to add binaries into CVS if they are part of the
distribution.

So if I understand you correctly, then having binaries (e.g. jar files) in the
distribution is OK but it less so to put the same binaries into CVS. Do I understand
you correctly?

Why do you think that it is wrong to have binaries in CVS?

>I haven't heard anyone dispute the former -- only the latter.  Why are you
>linking the two issues?

Granted, they are separate but related issues. Ceki

--
Ceki Gülcü     Web: http://qos.ch
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]