Sam Ruby wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> >
> > There is nothing (other than the sloth of Daedalus) which prevents us
> > from adding any 'test' we want - Gump is running the Velocity testbed,
> > for example, which is more than interface-related, but functional as
> > well.
>
> That test suite takes 58 seconds to run.  I think we can afford that.  In
> any case, it runs on my machine, not on Daedalus.

No - what I meant was adding to the gump cycle time by adding more CVS
activity to the mix.  I figured that the CVS is the bottleneck - you can
always parallelize the gumping once the source is there, although I
suspect you won't need to :)

> > That's a matter of resources for (4) and time and social engineering for
> > (5), I think.  With an all volunteer group, I think it has to be worked
> > into the culture.  While you could force the issue by making it a part
> > of being a Jakarta project, I don't think we want to do that.
>
> This is happening.  Six months ago several key projects were in perpetual
> alpha, and there was very little code sharing.  And Gump was just a
> concept.
>
> Six months later, look at how things have changed.  The mere thought that
> somebody might not have addressed a problem 48 hours after it was detected
> is being raised as an issue...
>
> Gump and I are happy.

It's never clear to me that they are distinct entities ;)

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System and Software Consulting