It has been my DREAM to see the 1.1 JVM Applets abolished.  It really was
a matter of time, until that old JVM code was ripped out of browsers where
it does not belong and people use the official java plug-ins.  Except I
can see a lot of growing pains, because possibly 99.9% of all applets are
the old <applet> kind and not the new plug-in kind, thus shutting down
alot of the older sites... sigh

fernando