burtonator at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> "Pier P. Fumagalli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> <snip>
>
>> IMVHO, we shouldn't run after projects who, as you said, have a negative
>> inclination towards the Foundation. We have already enough stuff in our bags
>> to keep us busy forever, and although the project seems to be pretty cool, I
>> don't see a reason why we should incorporate it within our family.
>>
>> If one of their team comes up and asks, we can consider it, but I don't feel
>> it's our task to go out and convince them to join us...
> <snip>
>
> Yes.  I understand this perspective.  However I think it is important to note
> that sometimes cooperation is much better than competition.

I didn't say we're going to compete with them... Actually we don't have any
RDBMS in our bag, and AFAIK we are not planning to have in the future...
So, there's no competition, and, regarding cooperation, it can only be
achieved when all parties involved are WILLING to cooperate...
>From what I hear, they're not very willing... And, as you well know, we're
always open to listen, but from that, to go around and convince people, it's
a big difference...

    Pier