Ceki Gülcü wrote:

> IMHO, XML does not and will never have a community as long as two of
> its most important projects directly compete with each other. The
> success of one is related with the failure of the other. XML
> Community? Won't happen in a million years. How the did Crimson
> become an Apache project anyway?

Look closely, Xerces 2 is the designated successor to *both* Xerces 1 and
Crimson.  The developers *are* working together.  I won't pretend that
everything is 100% smooth sailing, but significant progress is being made.

> The required majority for the adoption of proposals can be simple or
> qualified. Even if the qualified majority is 3/4, this would be better
> than the veto system we have today. Although a veto can be overridden
> by a 3/4 majority, as far as I know, this has never happened in the
> past.  Today someone voting -1 means end of discussion.
>
> I dare anyone to -1 that. Regards, Ceki

The rules you describe don't look familiar to me.  The ones I am familiar
with are:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/management.html

- Sam Ruby