> That isn't entirely what I'm asking for (re: singlemindedness and
strict
> control).

> Part of what I'm asking for is very simple: documentation of the
process and
> then following that process.

> Remember that all of this started with something as simple as source
code
> formatting. We can't even get that right or even anything close to
agreement
> on it.

> -jon

When I was much younger I used to go on BBSes and post "Which is better
Amiga or IBM?" and "Why not just use a Mac?" to see the fires rage.  As
I grew up I found more productive ways to spend my time.  Code
formatting is subjective.  Your way is wrong and mine is right etc etc.
There are no conclusions to these arguments and have you perfected the
things that can be perfected to such a degree that you're ready to
tackle this one?

I would suggest there be one and only one stead-fast dead on code
standard.  All public methods must provide javadoc siting the purpose of
the method.  Get there first then worry about "_variables".

-Andy

--
www.superlinksoftware.com
                        - fix java generics!