> Perhaps like Commons, there should be an open proving ground
> for those wishing to make steps into the Apache world.

Probably not what you had in mind, but adding the project to
the gump run would be a start.

All sorts of monitoring goes on then, including prompting from
the gump-er (ie Sam) to fix things that break.
I know Sam (et al) have + will provide patches to other projects
to bring their build systems up to scratch.

It's a start at having the external community work with the
Jakarta community(/ies), which seems to be the primary concern.

If the project won't deal with gump nags, and can't keep their
builds from breaking then they probably won't fit into Jakarta.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of
Macquarie Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email
you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or
any attachments, and should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not
guarantee the integrity of any emails or any attached files. The views or opinions
expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie
Bank.