Come over and vote on it now.  It has been proposed and has about 7 +1s
so far...

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Donald [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2002 6:14 AM
To: Jakarta General List
Subject: Re: proposal for the jakarta startpage

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 01:05, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> > Consider this - how many committers are there in commons atm - 10,
20, 30
> > ? Now to get a new project moved you need a 3/4 vote - lets be
generous
> > and say about 12 votes!!!!! That seems real likely.
>
> And we are looking at changing that we recognize that is starting to
become
> a hurdle.  Things change.  Things evolve.  We learn.

kool.

> > Then you have the joy that every commons committer has voting rights
on
> > everything - even code they have never contributed and never will -
> > sounds like a great "meritocracy" - right? Mmmmm, just the sort of
thing
> > we are meant to be promoting.
>
> I also agree - I am uncomfortable with that, and have been from day
one.
> To be fair though, it hasn't resulted in any huge problems yet.

It never does until the first problem - when this changes and this
evolves
you will have another active developer. Wanna propose a vote on commons?
Technically I believe am a committer and could even +1 it :)

--
Cheers,

Pete

Frank Zappa observed: "It's not getting any smarter out
                       there.You have to come to terms with
                       stupidity, and make it work for you."