Ainsi parlait Guillaume Rousse :
[..]
> Jpackage project (http://package.org) try to provide such a consistent set
> of java software for rpm world. Debian java project
> (http://people.debian.org/~tora/java/packagelist.html) provide the same
> service for debian world. Both try also to enforce nomal Unix conventions
> (FHS, etc...) and establish cross-project packaging policies. We all know
> this only adress a subset of java realm, so we don't ask for dropping other
> platforms support. We just ask to make it an optional additional layer, not
> make it mandatory as it is currently...

Something i forgot to say: all package provided at
http://jpackage.sourceforge.net/packages.php are build by first deleting all
jar present in the archive, and relying on other packages which are build
from source also. Yes, it is a lot of work, but it is possible...
--
Guillaume Rousse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html