This is getting interesting and we have e lot of pieces for this kind
of puzzle around Apache.

Why must standards be ruled just by the BigCo's???

De facto standards happen when a product is really good.

This reminds me how the then tiny dog Borland turned Turbo Pascal
into the de facto standard Pascal language in a couple of years. All
Pascal language related products wanted to be compatible with it and
not with whatever was the standard Pascal. All the big dogs had to
run away.

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar