Hi,

My name is Michael Pan and I'd like to announce about the Heap Usage
Profiler (HUP) project, which I wrote as a part of my M.Sc. HUP is profiling
tool that allows the exploration and reduction of heap space consumption in
Java applications. The space saving is based on the fact that some of the
allocated objects not immediately used (or not used at all) in the
application code. Also, there are objects, which are no longer in use, but
remain in memory. The HUP tool allows a programmer to locate and remove
memory bottlenecks, which are caused by unused objects. Non of the
commercial Java profiling tools provide this functionality.
I've successfully applied HUP on Tomcat web server under load test. Now I'm
looking for people who are interested in running their projects with HUP to
find out memory bottlenecks in these projects.
The HUP tool is freely available on http://sourceforge.net/projects/hup/ and
was tested on SUN and IBM JVMs on Windows 2000 operating system. I'll be
glad to assist anyone who is interested in trying HUP.

Michael Pan.