Jon, you wrote that you don't care about how helpful project might be. I
hope that you didn't mean that you don't care if Jakarta projects could be
improved by it. You do care about Jakarta, don't you? :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Scott Stevens [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 9:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Michael Pan
Subject: Re: HUP - Heap Usage Profiler

It really bothers me that people think that this is a forum for announcing
their new OSS efforts...*especially* ones that are under the GPL.

I don't really care how helpful their project might be...this isn't the
forum for it.

Totally un-cool. Don't abuse this resource. general@jakarta isn't freshmeat.

-jon

on 2/26/02 4:16 AM, "Michael Pan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My name is Michael Pan and I'd like to announce about the Heap Usage
> Profiler (HUP) project, which I wrote as a part of my M.Sc. HUP is
profiling
> tool that allows the exploration and reduction of heap space consumption
in
> Java applications. The space saving is based on the fact that some of the
> allocated objects not immediately used (or not used at all) in the
> application code. Also, there are objects, which are no longer in use, but
> remain in memory. The HUP tool allows a programmer to locate and remove
> memory bottlenecks, which are caused by unused objects. Non of the
> commercial Java profiling tools provide this functionality.
> I've successfully applied HUP on Tomcat web server under load test. Now
I'm