Hello Everyone -

I am working on a project porting one of the oldest dynamic content
servers to the Java platform. The WebDish Presentation Server was
originally released in 93, and in 95 was named as the platform of
choice by Charles Schwab for their transition to the web. Since then,
the marketplace has been flooded with other solutions, and I'm trying
to see if I can inject new life into WebDish by integrating it with Java

technology.

I have discussed with my employers the benefits of developing a project
as an open source product. As their interest was in the original version

in C, I am confident I can convince them to release rights to the Java
version. What I want to know is: would there be any interest from the
Jakarta program in including WebDish as one of their subprojects?

I have set up a web site where I will be publishing
documentation and evaluation releases during the process of the port,
The site is at http://home.earthlink.net/~jlabbe/webdish.html.
Please feel free to peruse this and email me with your thoughts
and suggestions.

Thanks for your attention-

    Joe Labbe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]