On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Sam Ruby wrote:

> Costin Manolache wrote:
> >
> > So I understand your feeling the the 'public review' means
> > close to nothing in most cases.
>
> Don't do that.  In any argument it is easy to cast the opponents argument
> to an extreme and then handily dismember it.

All I was trying to say is that the vote was to move the spec to
public review, not to aprove it.

So the information on our page is at least misleading. Borland, Fujitsu,
etc didn't vote ( yet ) for the spec - but for the public to see it
and be able to comment.

Regarding different opinions about the real role of the public review -
that's a different story.  It seems too many people considered
this as already aproved when in theory the fun is supposed to just
start ( at least it did in the W3C case ).

Costin