On Thu, 2002-03-14 at 21:16, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> on 3/14/02 6:06 PM, "Andrew C. Oliver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to continue to help on this so far I guess I got this as the
> > top story on www.javalobby.org (my local hometown java site).
>
> The overwhelming number of clueless idiot troll postings on that site is
> depressing and makes me almost wonder why we bother helping these people out
> at all

True, especially in response to this, but if you dig you'll find a few
golden nuggets of people who actually have brains.  Its to their
questions I'd like to respond.  The fact of the matter the bulk of the
people who call themselves software developers are actually just morons
with really big egos.  So on any site that allows public comment...well
the quality of that comment will simply reflect this fact. :-)

This site is though an important part of the Java community.  And some
really smart people read it, in part because the articles are
moderated.  Furthermore, it reaches a mass of folks who can write in if
given direction.  Next, Rick Ross is a super nice guy.

-Andy

-Andy
.

> -jon