Well,

This may work if:

1> the license applies to the redistributed version
2> or this license is provided only as a "proof of purchase" (that is a
receipt that allows ASF to distribute this) but something more has to be
indicated, that is, how to get it for yourself so as to be able to
redistribute it

The problem is the following: I'm still expecting some advice from our
lawyers but I understand currently that ALL Sun licenses are
non-transferable. As such, anyone in the name of ASF may include this in
one of the ASF packages but it does give no rights to redistribute to
anyone that receives this (e.g. me downloading Ant) (*1).

So that: folks receiving such a package should be indicated that they
can redistribute Apache software but not Sun software and, if they want
to use Sun software, that they should pick their version at Sun's site.

(this also involves that Sun maintains such links alive, it is not the
case of Jaxp 1.1... until we're sure they do this, it may make sense to
URGE downloaders to get their copy right now)

After good thoughts, I feel this a bit like a trap as for many things,
there is no way to get rid of Sun interface class files.
A complete readme, giving pointers to download your own lawful version
of jaxp.jar, would also include how to live without jaxp.jar, if this is
possible.
Getting rid of servlet.jar, for example, seems way harder...

So that... license in .jar files ?? Maybe, but with a readme indicating
that one is bound by the conditions of this license even though one has
never read it...

Paul

(*1) Actually, I am sure a dreaded crazy guy may even say that the
action of cvs-update is already a redistribution so that another person,
maybe not lawfully member of ASF would be prohibited to build a
distribution

PS: JDOM beta 8 (see http://www.jdom.org) just did it almost as you say,
they now have licenses and pointers to original projects, they did not
say anything about redistribution though...