Hi.

I would like to propose a new subproject called Config4J.

The aim of this project is to provide developers with a generic
framework to help with setting up application level configuration in
Java applications, in a manner similar to what Log4J does for logging.

I have a first cut of the codebase and it works fine. The framework has
the ability to pick up configuration information from XML files,
Databases, LDAP and property files.

Application code would use a standard interface to access properties
Eg Config.getProperty(XXX) etc.

I hope to see this evolve with contribution from others in the
community.

How does this sound ?
/Sam