From: "Jon Scott Stevens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> on 4/30/02 2:46 PM, "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Krysalis Centipede:
> > http://www.sf.net/projects/krysalis/
> >
> > Site using Centipede:
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/
> >
> > You make the decision.
>
> To me, the decision is simple:
>
> Krysalis isn't our own dog food.

Centipede started as a Jakarta POI build.
Then it was used by xml-Forrest.
Then I proposed to put it in Forrest but the community decided that it was
better off on itself for now.

I can't help it if some Jakarta Projects keep on creating sub-projects, that
are not related to the scope of the original project, at their wish.

> I would far rather see whatever Krysalis has incorporated into Maven
because
> Maven is here, not there.

It will take me no time to put it in Jakarta-Commons.

>  I also see Maven as being more feature complete

Sure, does it give automatic build functionality download?
Does it give you easy skin selection?
Does it give you UML class diagrams?

> as
> well as having more developer interest.

That's your opinion.

> I also have a serious bias towards
> Maven's stylesheet. :-)

Centipede has skins, and also a Scarab skin.
Next beta will have a Maven skin :-)

> But, the community will decide in the long run...

+1

            - verba volant, scripta manent -