"PHP 5 and MySQL 4 will make java, .Net, and all similar technologies
obsolete."

Said one manager to another manager on a golf court, after having
spent the weekend with his 12 year old son who built the school
website.

It took me a week ton convince the "another manager" that it might
not be a good idea to start building our SOAP services in PHP.

> I still think that the optimal solution is a true SOC using
> XML, but the world is too stupid to understand that... All
> everyone wants is a quick and dirty solution...

"Yeah, well, you can edit PHP pages in dreamweaver, and manage your
MySQL databases with it too, all automatically, so who needs
programmers anymore anyway?"

Says the 12 year old.

The world, stupid? Nah. "People would never choose a technically
inferior VCR. We're going to win this."

cheers,

Leo