While I agree with everyhting you're saing. I read that over twice and I'm like "Why?"
I mean why? So lets say for a moment you're one of the "new breed" whom use that
epitomy of object orientation better known as Java Server Pages. Well really, what does
this Java Server Faces add over Struts? I don't really see any value added here.
Sun seems desperately determined to hand the kingdom over. Its a real good thing we have
an Oligarchy of tool vendors running the show. Which means you need bloated garbage churned
out so they can sell the really big dollar stuff to make it work.
Put that against the Microsoft business model of cornering the market with mass production/marketing/bundling
and I don't have a great deal of faith in it. Not that Microsoft puts out quality... But I don't look at it and say
"Why???" or "What's the point?" so much as with the cruft thats coming out of the Java Communist Party.. Maybe
its just me.

-Andy

Wow. Java Server Faces really sucks ass. Much more than I could have ever
imagined. No wonder I didn't bother looking at it before. What a confusing,
over engineered, under thought out way to do things! I'm really surprised
that Sun thinks that anyone is going to use this crap and actually like it.

I can hear the UI designers now...

"What does this mean?"

<faces:textentry_input id='name'>
<faces:validator className='javax.faces.validator.LengthValidator'/>
<faces:attributename=
'javax.faces.validator.LengthValidator.MINIMUM'
value='3'/>
</faces:textentry_input>

I think it is really funny that the validation "code" is being put into the
templates. Let me guess, "you don't have to do that if you don't want to."

What happened to taking the APPLICATION LOGIC out of the View? If someone
even starts to say to me that JSF is anywhere close to MVC, I think I will
have to violently expel my lunch in their direction. Ha!

I'm completely amazed and disappointed that Sun is spending so much time,
energy and money towards creating so much crap.

Bah.

-jon