On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Tom Copeland wrote:

> Hi Henri -
>
> Hm, I'm sorry, I don't understand the TestCase thing... are you doing
> something like:
>
> import junit.framework.*;
> public class FooTest extends TestCase {
>  public void testFiddle() {
>   Object obj = doSomething();
>  }
> }
>
> or something else?

Basically. Except it's:

Fred fred = (Fred)doSomething();  in some cases.

When I raised the discussion a while back on removing these [based on your
error reporting] there was a view that the above improves the testing,
even if it is not usually considered good style.

So I'm looking for a configuration change in the Jakarta Commons/Sandbox
[at least] reporting which removes these and makes it easier to focus on
the real problems.

Hen