Rob,

Some differences I see....

The commons-resources component does not include/encourage multilingual support as a
goal.  It simply abstracts the source for resources.

I view the i18n code as being at a higher level than what's currently in
commons-resources.  The Factory's in i18n could be modified to make use of the
different sources found in commons-resources.  It may be necessary/useful to change
some of the concrete object classes to interfaces, but those changes can come if/after
it becomes a subproject.

I had tried to see if I could make use of commons-resources within the code early this
year, but it didn't solve the problem that I was trying to solve.

Robert Simpson