Henri Yandell wrote:

> I would have embraced that idea a year ago, but when discussed it was said
> to not be an option to have a hierarchy of PMCs below the Jakarta PMC of 7
> members.

There is a difference between a hierarchy and a confederation.  There is
absolutely nothing that says that we cannot have:

  Jakarta PMC: responsible for jakarta-site/jakarta-site2
  Tomcat PMC: tomcat and related code
  Struts PMC: struts and related code
  Jakarta Commons PMC: ...
  Tapestry PMC: ...

All without a single change to the Jakarta domain.

No one should feel that there is any relationship between the Foundation's
legal structure, and e-mail/web addresses.  We have had this confirmed
already by both Greg and Sam.  The above *is* an acceptable solution to the
Board.  The question is whether or not it is an acceptable one to us.

        --- Noel