Noel J. Bergman wrote:
I share your concerns.

Same here! ...there was a poll about how many active committers are around on bcel-dev. IIRC *one* responded. Other than that there are just users around waiting for patches being applied or just lurking.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=bcel-dev&m=110294999712414&w=2

The general question is what to do with such
projects, and I think we should be open to creative ideas.

The question is whether those projects maybe missed to nominate some more committers?

...maybe it would be worth looking into the
patch queue? Not applying patches is also
one way to make people go away.

There has been
some suggestion that they be cleaned up by migrating them to some other
domain to be mothballed.  The code, web site, and mailing list archives
would be preserved, and could be restored at such time in the future when a
community might arise.

Hmm... the question is whether we really *can* mothballing them. IMHO too many projects rely on them. It's an important piece of technology. At least bugfixes need to be applied. FWICS migration costs (e.g. to asm) are fairly high.

There *are* people that have patches in the queue.

BCEL and BSF both seem to be in danger of having no actual Apache
>>community

I only know about BCEL ...but that's for sure a danger I see too!

cheers
--
Torsten