I started to write a long email on the problems in Jakarta, on umbrellas, on the lack of a Jakarta community and existence only of subcommunities and on how it should be "there is no Jakarta Xxxx, you are members of Jakarta - not a subproject"; but you've heard it all before.

So, proposal:

Comments?

The only negative I have for 1) is that I like to use the commit lists to see who is on which subproject (for 3 PMC member oversight checking), but that is a flawed idea anyway. The real way is to see who is voting on issues (especially releases) for that project. If it's an inactive project, the real way is to ask the -dev mailing list for 3 PMC replies else the subproject gets mothballed.

Hen