Hm,

does it pose a real legal threat or is it just a "felt threat" from
Andy?

I'm +0 for opening. I'm enthusiastic on pushing POI out of Jakarta to
remove this restriction. While I agree that POI fits Jakarta theme-wise,
this "access restriction" thing feels too much like a wart.

Push it to TLP, make Andy chief, wish them farewell. Problem solved. :-)

        Best regards
                Henning

On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 18:07 +0100, Martin van den Bemt wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> You probably think "Hey I have seen a similar vote started by Henri on
> 27-3-2006" and the outcome
> was 3 -1 from POI so their SVN is still closed for Jakarta committers.
>
> The reasoning behind this is that POI is still trying to stick to what it
> Jakarta once was and it is
>  time they join the club completely.
>
> [+1] Open up POI svn commit access.
> [-1] Don't open POI svn commit access, because...
>
> The vote will be open for a week.
>
> Mvgr,
> Martin

Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] | J2EE, Linux,
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540 | Apache person
Open Source Consulting, Development, Design | Velocity - Turbine guy

          "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."