If moving commons TLP is just a "twisted" (maybe a bad choice of a word) way to
come back to
jakarta.apache.org in the end, I am -1 on the TLP move..

We currently have 2 projects moving TLP (Turbine and POI) and after that we
need to start thinking
about every other project at Jakarta.

So if the goals is to make commons Jakarta, we should aim for that, instead of
artificially trying
to accomplish that.

If I am not mistaken the real goals/questions are :

- Fix oversight issues
- Be more transparent for the board
- Move towards a community with the same focus (= eg reusable java components)
- Be able to say in one sentence what Jakarta is about (is consequence of above)
- See where we can fit project that are in maintenance mode or not actively
supported anymore.
- How to handle projects that don't fit well within the new focus, but work
pretty well as part of
Jakarta (are people waiting for being on eg 15 PMC's to be able to support
these projects)
- And Apache wide : is there only a place for projects that have a "healthy"
community ?

Mvgr,
Martin