Yes.

MessageMetaData constructor validates new metadata records using following function:

https://github.com/rstml/james-protocols/blob/26f98a3a783dfe4bffeca8aaded88ffa6066b653/pop3/src/main/java/org/apache/james/protocols/pop3/core/MessageMetaDataUtils.java#L54

--
Rustam

On 24/10/2012 16:24, Eric Charles wrote:
Thx.

Does your patch enforce the RFC: "The unique-id of a message is an arbitrary server-determined string, consisting of one to 70 characters in the range 0x21 to 0x7E" ?

Eric