On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM, jezra <je...@jezra.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 06:41:38 -0600
> "Wichmann, Mats D" <mats.d.wichm...@intel.com> wrote:
>
>> A short answer is if you have something you think is so valuable
>> nobody should be able to look at the code, you need to keep it on your
>> sever and deliver it as a service, don't send it to the client.
>
> When the client can't access the server, the application will be
> unusable. In this instance, developing a native application would
> probably be a better option.

yeah, well, so that's life.  I happen to live in a place where internet
connectivity has been quite dubious so I'm personally sensitive to the
issue (I had to work with satellite internet, which went out all the time,
was slow, and was drastically capped -  just two months ago I finally
got out of that rut, thank goodness - and not a single mobile telco
provider will deliver data service here), but I'm reliably told I'm not a
target market for anybody, and always-on connectivity is just plain the
expectation for a "modern" system.  Sigh.

as far as supported programming models for Tizen (today), html5
is it, and it's a very intentional decision by various entities.