On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 1:18 AM, Arjan van de Ven <ar...@linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On 10/5/2012 9:11 AM, Daniel Juyung Seo wrote:
>> As far as I know, Kibum Kim is away and he is just a SCM guy.
>
> SCM guy ?

Yes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_Control_Management
He just dumped Tizen source code from Samsung internal git to public Tizen git.
You know Tizen is largely based on Samsung Linux Platform.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tizen

>> At that time, Tizen didn't keep the internal git histories which is a bad
>> idea.
>
> at that time? This is in August!
> And yes, Tizen HAD a git already at that time.... this was not the first
> commit at all.

Explained above.

>> So I recommend you to check debian/control or debian/changelog files.
>
>> I am not going to mention the maintainer's name here though.
> (that's ok, I can do that... adding the right person to the CC as well now)

Thanks :)

>> https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=external/bootchart.git;a=blob;f=debian/control;h=ac2733e90892c42280c31e2c1ae9513f42f55822;hb=30267f1d1bd18383ad0fa45d21fa00a2ed23cda9
>> https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=external/bootchart.git;a=blob;f=debian/changelog;h=b7762ace8a6e14819f0a4bebcdab2e09cc6342b2;hb=30267f1d1bd18383ad0fa45d21fa00a2ed23cda9
>
> which have a last change entry of 2010.
> This change was done in August 2012.
> So these are not very useful files.
> (adding debian files in the commit made sense as part of the general RPM ->
> Debian transition that seems to be happening though)

No Tizen is moving from deb to rpm and SBS to OBS.
Tizen 1.0 : deb + SBS
Tizen 2.0 : rpm + OBS
https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/OSDev/GBS

debian directory is a legacy from Samsung internal code.
But you can get some ideas who manages the package.

Thanks.

Daniel Juyung Seo (SeoZ)