> Stefan Groschupf (4 Apr) wrote:
>
> I just noticed - to late though - Ning already contributed the code to
> hadoop. So I guess my question should be rephrased what is the idea of
> moving this into a own project?

Hi all,

It was interesting to hear Mark Butler present his implementation of
Distributed Lucene at the Hadoop User Group meeting in London on
Tuesday. There's obviously been quite a bit of discussion on the
subject, and lots of interested parties. Mark, not sure if you're on
this list but thanks for sharing.

Is this the forum to ask about open projects? I'm interested in
joining a project as long as it's goals aren't too distant to what I'm
looking for. Based mostly on gut feeling I'd rather go for a
stand-alone project that wasn't dependent on HDFS/Hadoop, but willing
to be convinced otherwise.

Rich