Author: scheels
Email:
Message:
I have this can't load library 'libmysqlclient.so.6 problem according to the FAQ ther
are 2 soultions:

1. <b>Why indexer fails with the message like indexer: can't load library
'libmysqlclient.so.6'?

You probably don't have MySQL libraries properly installed. On Linux just find out
where is your libmysqlclient.so.6 and enter the path to that file to /etc/ld.so.conf.
Then run ldconfig as root. </b>

I have asked my host to run ldconfig as root which they have refused. What do I do
then?

2. Alternatively i tried:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/
#ldconfig

After this indexing went ok. But If I log off telnet and back in again the samme error
occours. How do I tell the linux to remember this path info permanently? (i have not
got root access).

The missing path may also be the reason I get an internal server error 500 when
running search.cgi from the browser since it also ask for this path when run from the
command line in telnet. If I add the path like above search.cgi produces some html in
the telnet window and no error messages. Any ideas how to add this path info
permanently?

I there a way to alter a config file somewhere in the mnogosearch package to include
the missing lib?

Regards
Scheels

Reply: <http://search.mnogo.ru/board/message.php?id=1747>